Weeknights got you in a bind? Need some really super quick dinner ideas? Here is a go to list when you don't have time to cook:
Quick meal ideas:
- Rotisserie chicken from grocery store, 10 minute brown rice bag, frozen vegetables,
- Veggie pizza (no thick crust, no extra cheese)
- Make your own whole wheat subs using whole
wheat roll, turkey, 1 slice reduced fat
cheese, 1 tsp. mayo or mustard (can use more mustard). Add lettuce and tomato, can even add red
pepper strips, grated carrots.
- Salad with grilled chicken, turkey or beans on
top, whole wheat roll. Can add a small
amount of shredded reduced fat cheese (1/4 cup per serving).
- Eggs for dinner! Scrambled egg or omelette, whole wheat
toast. Be sure to add veggies to eggs or
omelette (spinach, broccoli, mushrooms).
If you use cheese use the reduced fat kind.
- Frozen Mini cheese ravioli (like Celentano’s)
or whole wheat cheese tortellini (in refrigerated section). Be sure to follow the serving size on label
and have with a salad.
- Grilled reduced fat cheese on whole wheat
bread. Use cooking spray to cook the
grilled cheese. If you add sliced
tomato, even better! Have with fruit and
- English muffin pizzas: toast a whole wheat English muffin. Add spaghetti sauce, ¼ cup shredded part skim
mozzarella cheese, steamed broccoli or peppers or any vegetables (fresh or
frozen- just be sure to cook first).
Microwave for 25 seconds.