Super Easy Vegan or Vegetarian Enchiladas
Prep: 5 mins.
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 15 oz. can enchilada sauce, divided
1 15 oz. can vegetarian refried bean with green chilies(if can’t find with the chilies it’s ok)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup frozen fire roasted corn kernels (I have found great ones at Trader Joe’s fyi)
shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican cheese mix of your choice, if using (can use vegan or no cheese if vegan recipe)
8 flour tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Spread ½ cup of enchilada sauce in a baking dish
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the refried beans, brown rice and corn
4. Scoop a generous dollop of the mixture into 1 tortilla, add cheese if using, and roll into a cylinder, folding the ends in as you go. Place the tortilla into the baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas
5. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Adapted from “The 5-Ingredient College Cookbook” which I highly recommend!