With the holidays upon us, there are so many temptations around! Here are a few tips on how to manage all this wonderful, calorific food.
1. Don't arrive at the festivities on an empty stomach. Make sure you eat something healthy and substantial before heading out, like yogurt, whole grain crackers, whole grain bread, milk, cereal, fruit, nuts, peanut butter.
2. Do not skip meals as you await a big meal later. You will only end up eating more at that big meal. Eating regular meals prior to the big holiday meal will help you to keep your calories in check
3. Remember your liquid calories= enough said
4. When at the party, snack on the veggie platter, whole grain crackers, fruit, handful of nuts. Have a small amount of the things you like but that you know are high in calories. Don't deprive yourself- you will only end up feeling bad about it later. Also, don't let yourself feel guilty. The wonderful foods are around for you to enjoy, in small bits.
5. Have a good time! Focus more on the conversation, not the food!
Good Luck and Enjoy!