Here it is, as promised- this very EASY and delicious salmon recipe!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes!
Cook Time- 7-10 minutes
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets or salmon steaks, skin removed
1/4 cup coarsely ground black pepper (cooking for kids- use just a little as this may be too strong for kids)
1/2 tsp. olive oil or a spritz of oil spray
1. In a re-sealable bag or a small deep bowl, mix maple syrup and soy sauce. Arrange fillets so that marinade completely covers fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for as long as possible (a minimum of 4 hours, the longer the better).
2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
3. Rub oil on a 10 by 10 inch sheet of aluminum foil.
4. Place pepper on a small plate. Remove salmon from marinade and pat topside only into cracked pepper to coat. If making for kids, just grind some fresh cracked pepper on top -better yet have the kids help you! Place fillets, pepper side up, on foil.
5. Bake on top rack of the oven for approx. 7 −10 minutes. The syrup may cause the oven to smoke a bit when cooking.
6. Don't overcook. Salmon is best when the color has turned to a pale pink, but is still moist throughout.
Serve! I served this with a steamed sweet potato and steamed broccoli on the side, along with a side salad.