Here's my yearly 2 cents or 4 cents regarding Halloween- here are some quick and easy tips:
- Don't buy your Halloween candy early- keeping it around the house will make you more subject to pre-Halloween splurges.
- Already bought it? Have no fear- put it somewhere high up - so that it is way out of reach. Research shows that when things are more out of reach you may be less likely to eat them. Also, try to block the packaging so you don't see it
- I recommend that you and the kiddos eat a big filling healthy meal before going out trick or treating. This way you will be less likely to overindulge.
- Explain to the kids (and you!!!) that if you overdo the candy you might not feel so well. Let the kids splurge a bit (this is their one day) and then explain that they can pick one piece per day as a treat.
- There are many places collecting candy for the troops so whatever you don't want can get sent there (though I am not so sure that they need all the candy!)
- And above all, have fun!!! This is just one day out of the year. Enjoy yourself!!!!