By request, here is a kid friendly Omega 3 recipe (contains ground flaxseed and walnuts which provide the Omega 3):
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium or 2 large)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, mix flour, flax, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- In food processor or bowl, mash bananas. Then add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix in well together.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Coat 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter in loaf pan. Bake for about 50-55 minutes until dark brown, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a rack for at least 10-15 minutes before unmolding to cool completely on the rack.
15 minutesBaking Time:
16 slicesThis recipe is taken from The Amazing Flax Cookbook, by Jane Reinhardt-Martin, RD, LD. The Amazing Flax Cookbook may be ordered on our site by clicking here.