Here are 5 tips on how to help your daughter to have a healthy body image :
1. Eat dinner together as a family. I know this is not always possible every night but do it as much as you can. This is the best time to talk to your children and find out about their day and show that you care about what goes during their day.
2. Don't leave any fashion magazines lying around the house. Many of the models have near impossible to achieve body types, or are so airbrushed. If they are lying around they may bring about dissatisfaction to others about current body size.
3. Don't talk about YOUR diet or how you are in the process of dieting. Trust me, this is huge. If the mom talks about dieting the child will probably get concerned with their weight as well. Children as young as 5 have been know to talk about losing weight and dieting!
4. Don't express dissatisfaction with your size or weight in front of your child. In many cases this leads to your child feeling dissatisfied with their weight or body type.
5. Buy clothing that complements your daughter's body type. She will look and feel better!
And..... don't forget to give lots of hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope these tips help!